Friday 15 June 2012

CAS-ual Fridays

cfc57



My first entry into this crafting challenge. I've only recently found this myself. I have been reading it on another crafter's blog but only this morning found out what it stands for: Clean And Simple.

So, this week's challenge is Clear as Day: create a Clean and Simple project using vellum or acetate.




This card was made for my animal-loving Great Aunt's 80th birthday a few years back. I used acetate at the bottom of the card to make my hand written message stand out. I used My Mind's Eye Spring papers for the elephants and finished it with some pink organza ribbon to hide the join between card and acetate. The beads were a final finishing touch and kind of give it a Moroccan/African flavour.




While on the subject of acetate, after this project was a success, I had a go at creating cards for male friends using acetate. The first, I made this week for a friend at university but this inspiration came from the other one I made a last year. They were so simple to make. Using black card and papers and ribbons of different shades of blue (although any other colour would work as well) creates a bold design. Especially, as is the case with the second card, when a white card blank was used. The white shows through the acetate to give a bold contrast. 


The one thing I had to keep in mind, however, was where I wrote on the inside!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards. Great colours too. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment. I'm glad you like the cards and I'm really looking forward to next weeks challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)