Friday 10 August 2012

Card-lympics Day 15 and CAS-ual Friday

This week I have decided to cheat and do one post instead the two I would have done: one for the card-lympics and one for CAS-ual Fridays. But it isn't cheating too much as they are more or less the same card. 

So Card-lympics first

Today, the event was football and although I never really watch it, last year I caught the final of the women's World Cup (Japan vs USA) and I was hooked. So I did begin to take an interest in women's football. But anyway.
I chose to make a Digi-stamp for this card, making another character, similar to my Wimbledon girl. I had drawn the sketch for this a little while back but decided it would be perfect for this a got it sketched up, scanned and Photoshopped this morning. Instead of colouring it on the computer, however, I simply did the outline and printed the line drawing off to colour in with pencils. I would have had a go with ProMarkers but my colours are still limited.
I decorated the card with some patterned paper and added some peel-off flowers for that finishing touch.






CFC65


Card number 2.
This one had to be made using a square card blank (I wasn't going to use this as the Card-lympics card due to all my other cards being A6 and it was a bit to late to change the shape and mix it up a bit). So, I chose to use my new Digi stamp, again colouring it with pencils, and decorated the card with papers from the 'My Minds Eye' Collection. The tag was also from the papers and I decorated it with a simple peel-off message. Like my previous card, I kept the colours British but didn't want to copy the kit completely so I played around a bit.




3 comments:

  1. Wonderful coloring! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card, and great coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soft pencil coloring looks great! I especially like the patterned strips on your second card--very cute. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)