Thursday 2 August 2012

Card-lympics Day 7

Today's event is sailing and probably one of the only sports that coincides with the actual Olympic event. 
For this card, I used various paper and card to create the boat, adding the Union Jack to finish.
I wanted to add some sort of back ground but didn't want it to look too similar to yesterday's card. I managed to find some patterned vellum which almost looks like clouds so instead of added paper to make the sea, I added paper to make the sky (I'm not sure how well it shows up in the photos). To give a sense of movement, I used the same handmade paper from yesterday to add waves splashing up at the front of the boat. I also wanted to show the sail billowing so I glued the top down but used foam pads at the bottom.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)