Friday 3 August 2012

CAS-ual Friday

cfc64



Time for blog entry 2 of 2. This weeks CAS-ual Fridays challenge was to create a card featuring things in the sky. I chose to stick to a summer theme and straight away I thought about the ELO song, Mr Blue Sky. To me, that is the ultimate summer tune and I decided I wanted that to feature on my card.
I used a bright blue card blank and left it plain, only adding the message and a single cloud with the sun peeping out from behind it. I used white texture card for the cloud and added some dimension with blue coloured pencils. This was attached to the blank with foam pads. The sun was done in a similar way, yellow card and shaded with yellow and orange pencils. I glued this instead of using foam pads.
For the sentiment, I knew I wanted a loopy font, so I went onto word and flicked through until I found it. After typing out the message, I was able to copy it directly onto the card with black pen.


Hopefully Mr Blue Sky will make his appearance at some point. It's meant to be August!

2 comments:

  1. I love the font you used! so fun! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the simplicity of your card! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)