Sunday 12 August 2012

Card-lympics Day 16

I am cutting this really close to the line as I make my second to last Olympics card. I was busy watching Tom Daley win his bronze medal.

Today the event was cycling and one that I have been looking forward to doing for a while. I started watching le Tour de France so was also watching it this year and saw Bradley Wiggins be the first Brit to ever win so for me, when I think cycling, I think Wiggins and naturally he had to be the focus of this card. But I also went off at a slight tangent and featured le Tour in the card also.
I realised that there were many ways which this card design could have gone, and I shall be trying some of these in the near future. However, I think I tried to get a bit of everything into this card.

Again, this was mainly a paper pieced project with a bit of silhouette thrown in. I used black paper for the bike and finished it with black pen spokes. For the cycling kit, the maillot jaune, I used yellow paper and again finished it with black pen and the Union Flag for some British pride and as a final final finishing touch, I had to add those now iconic sideburns!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. It's greatly appreciated and I hope you carry on reading =)